Do I Have Bed Bugs?
There are a number of signs that signal you have a bed bug problem. Seeing any of these signs of bed bugs means it’s time to call your local bed bug control team. Here are the signs that could mean you have a bed bug problem underway:
- Bloodstains or dark spots on your bedding
- Small, reddish-brown spots on mattresses, upholstery, or walls from bed bug feces
- Molted bed bug skins
- Bed bug eggs or empty eggshells
- Red itchy marks on the skin from bed bug bites
- Unpleasant, somewhat moldy smell from bed bug scent glands
Signs of Bed Bugs In My Home
The most telling sign of bed bugs is, of course, their bites. Bed bug bites can have a plethora of symptoms, but the most common sign of bed bug bites is the red, itchy marks on your skin. In addition to the bite marks, there are a few other signs of a bed bug problem. Bed bug skins or their sticky eggs/empty eggshells are a sign bed bugs are reproducing in your property. Their feces leave dark spots on bedding or anywhere else they may be active. One of the most common signs of bed bugs are blood stains on your sheets or bedding, which indicates bed bugs have been feeding overnight.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
Where to Find the Signs of Bed Bugs
If you think you may have spotted the signs of bed bugs, there are several things you can do to further inspect your property:
- Remove your bedsheets and look at the edges, crevices, and seams on your mattress.
- Look for live bed bugs, eggs, and nymphs.
- Inspect the box spring for the signs of bed bugs.
- Investigate other areas of the home, including upholstered furniture and even power outlets.
Do I Have Bed Bugs in My Santa Fe NM Home?
If you’ve noticed the signs of bed bugs, whether that’s bites on your legs or spots on your bedding, how do you know if you have an infestation? In general, seeing even a few bed bugs means you already have a problem that needs to be addressed by a professional. To better tell whether you’re dealing with bed bugs or not, always get in touch with your local bed bug control experts.