How to Prevent Bringing Bed Bugs into Your Home
To stop bed bugs from coming into your home, you have to be aware of the dangers of traveling and bringing used furniture inside. To avoid a bed bug problem in your home:
- When moving or traveling, check your belongings for bed bugs.
- Before buying used items, check them for bed bugs.
- Inspect your suitcase before returning from a trip.
Preventing Bed Bugs During Travel
Bed bug infestations often start when someone returns from vacation. You must learn how to avoid bringing them back home with you to avoid a breakout in your house. To keep bed bugs away:
- Check the lining of your suitcase before bringing it back to your home.
- Wash every article of clothing in hot water and dry them thoroughly.
- Vacuum or steam your suitcase before storing it again.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
How to Keep Bed Bugs Out of Your House
Unlike many kinds of pests, bed bugs do not show up in your home for no reason. Bed bugs spread when they catch a free ride on backpacks, suitcases, and purses. Keeping bed bugs out of your house just means consistently checking for signs of bed bugs. Whether you have a child coming home from university or are planning a vacation in the near future, it is crucial to stay aware of the ways you can keep bed bugs out.
Best Bed Bug Prevention Help in Santa Fe NM
To stop bed bugs from getting into your house, you have to try to avoid picking them up when you’re out and about. When staying in a hotel, hang up your bags to avoid keeping them on the floor. Make sure to check your bed for signs of bed bugs, too. When you come back from a trip or buy secondhand items, inspect everything that you have before bringing it inside. It is always best to be overcautious when it comes to bed bugs.