How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Santa Fe NM?
Some preparation is required for a bed bug treatment to work most effectively. Preparation involves everything from allowing your technician access to your property to implementing post-treatment cleaning recommendations.
Some of the things you may be asked to do to prepare for bed bug treatment include:
- Prepare to vacate your property with any pets for several hours.
- Clean up your home and reduce the amount of clutter lying around.
- Strip your sheets and wash them in hot water.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
How Do You Need to Prepare for Bed Bug Heat Treatment?
If you’ve hired a professional exterminator for a bed bug treatment, they will most likely give you a list of preparatory measures to take before the session. Although prep steps vary by treatment type, some of the most common ways to prepare are as follows:
- Remove sheets and fabrics from your room and wash them on the highest heat washer setting.
- Take everything off of the floor in areas to be treated.
- Remove belongings from closets, doors, and shelving.
- Wash all of your clothing in hot water and store in sealable storage bags for up to two weeks.
- Clear space by the baseboards by moving furniture away from the walls.
What to Do After Your Bed Bug Treatment
Depending on the length of the bed bug treatment, things will usually be back to normal in your home within a few hours. Make sure not to use shampoo or other cleaning agents to clean your floors for three weeks after the treatment. Also, do not replace your bedding until four hours have gone by. Your treatment should usually decimate the bed bug population in your home within a couple of weeks.
How Many Times Do You Need Bed Bug Treatment?
If you use a bed bug treatment administered by a trained professional, your bed bug problem should be resolved on the first attempt. If the infestation continues, a second treatment should be enough to get rid of them for good!