How to Get Rid of Spiders
Serving Santa Fe | Deming | Albuquerque | Las Cruces
Spiders are one of the most feared creatures, making them an unwelcomed guest in anyone’s home. If you are noticing more spiders in your Santa Fe home than usual, you may be wondering how to put an end to the problem. Most spiders inside your property are likely harmless, but that doesn’t mean you want them roaming free in every room in your home. Thankfully, there are many methods for removing spiders from your property.
From DIY methods to prevention techniques, getting rid of spiders doesn’t have to be a pain. The team at New Mexico Pest Control is here with their expert information on how to get rid of spiders in your home or business for good.
What Attracts Spiders in the House?
Just like any other pest, spiders come inside for food, shelter, and warmth. If you are dealing with other insects and pests in the home, spiders will be encouraged to come inside and feed on those insects. Once indoors, they frequently make themselves at home in crawl spaces, attics, and basements. They are especially drawn to moisture, but other spiders may prefer the dry environment inside of vents. For the most part, spiders will stay secluded inside your home, which is why they’re frequently found in dark corners and boxes.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
How to Get Rid of Spiders Inside
If you are noticing excess spiders inside, there are several things you can do to reduce the population and keep them out. Here are our top 6 steps to get rid of spiders:
- Thoroughly vacuum your property. Spiders will lay their egg sacs in tiny cracks and crevices. If you have a spider problem, try vacuuming your house from top to bottom. Dispose of the sealed vacuum bag outdoors.
- Use sticky traps to identify spider problem areas. Sticky traps are an easy way to determine where your problem is coming from. These traps do not contain pesticides and will lure the spiders toward them.
- Apply homemade spider repellents. Rather than store-bought pesticides, try repelling the spiders naturally with a homemade repellent. Essential oils such as rosemary, lavender, and citrus may help keep spiders away.
- Seal cracks and crevices in your property. Whether you have cracks in your window or around your door frame, spiders can easily squeeze through. Use caulk and install screens to limit spiders’ access indoors in the first place.
- Make your property less attractive to spiders. After you get rid of spiders, keep them away by keeping up with the former steps. In addition, keep a clean and tidy yard by keeping all foliage away from the perimeter of your property.
Getting Rid of Spiders in Santa Fe NM
No one wants to share their home with spiders, even if they’re mostly harmless. If you’ve done everything you can to get rid of spiders in your property and are still experiencing issues, it’s time to call the experts at New Mexico Pest Control for thorough spider control services.Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal