How Do I Keep Termites from Coming Back?
After exterminating termites in your home, it’s crucial to prevent them from returning through preventative measures as well as annual inspections by a professional pest control company.
To prevent termites from returning to your home after extermination, there are many preventative measures to ensure you are protected from another infestation, including eliminating excess moisture and other termite attractants in or near your home. The most important thing is to receive regular inspections by a professional pest control company, who can help you implement the best methods of termite prevention.
DIY Termite Prevention
While preventing termites is always a gamble, there are a lot of ways you can possibly ward off termites. A few ways to lessen the risk of termite infestations include:
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home as well as any moisture problems, such as a leaky faucet or broken water pipe.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out gutters regularly.
- Be cautious of areas in the home where wood is in contact with soil.
- Keep piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and eliminate any sources of decaying lumber.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Remove dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
Ready to Schedule Your Termite Inspection?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back!
Professional Help for Termite Prevention
No DIY effort to prevent termites from invading your home will guarantee you’ll remain termite-free. While you should definitely follow the above tips to help your chances of avoiding them, termites are notoriously pesky and often need professional help to completely prevent. That’s why it’s important to enlist the services of a pest control expert who, in addition to your prevention methods, can regularly inspect your property for signs of termites or risk factors that may attract them.