Are Termite Treatments Effective?
When administered by a professional pest control company, reliable termite treatments can effectively eliminate active infestations in or around the home.
There are several termite treatments available, from liquid termiticides to baiting systems, and each has varying degrees of effectiveness in eliminating a termite infestation. When a trusted treatment is administered properly, termites can almost always be eliminated effectively. After treating a home for termites, it’s crucial to get regular treatments and inspections in order to prevent another infestation.
Which Termite Treatments Work Best?
There’s a lot of debate about which termite treatment works best, often comparing liquid termite treatments with baiting systems (Sentricon). The general consensus is that both of these treatment methods are effective in controlling active termite infestations as well as preventing new ones. Some of the advantages of liquid termiticide includes the fact that it allows for accurate treatment with minimal disruption to your landscape, uses a responsible and low-odor dosage, and has been known to last for more than a decade. Sentricon, on the other hand, is a great system for those who prefer to have a professional regularly monitor their home and baiting stations for effectiveness in keeping termites away.
- How Liquid Termite Treatments Work
- Whenever a termite ingests or touches a termiticide, it becomes a carrier, transferring the treatment to other termites it contacts.
- These termites in turn become secondary carriers, behaving normally while they transfer the treatment to other termites they contact and spread it like a virus throughout the colony.
- This unique, spiraling process is called the “transfer effect,” and it helps deliver devastating results to termites in order to maximize the protection of your home.
- How Sentricon Works
- Bait stations are installed in the ground around your home. The scientifically engineered bait begins working to destroy any active colonies.
- The active ingredient in this engineered bait, which is nearly ten times more attractive to termites than wood, works to prevent termites from maturing. When the termites are unable to molt, they will die.
- Ongoing service and inspections by a professional will ensure the Sentricon bait system continues to work month after month and year after year.
Is Fumigation an Effective Treatment?
Without a doubt, fumigation exterminates any termites present in a building during the time of treatment. It is the most preferred treatment for drywood termites and wood-boring beetles and typically has a very high success rate. Although fumigation is typically more inconvenient in that it requires families to vacate their property, it is often necessary to fully control a termite infestation. In extreme formosan termite infestations where termites have spread into walls, some professional pest control companies will implement both liquid treatments and fumigation for faster and complete elimination.
Do Termite Treatments Ever Fail?
Even when using the most effective treatment option, there’s no guarantee it will rid you entirely of your termite infestation upon the first try. Thankfully, companies such as New Mexico Pest Control offer treatment plans with a guarantee to ensure termites will be removed from your property and kept away for good! Using these highly effective methods will provide a continuous barrier of protection against your residential or commercial building.