When to Call an Ant Exterminator
Serving Santa Fe | Taos | Albuquerque | Las Cruces
No one tip or trick may always be a cure-all for dealing with an ant infestation. While DIY methods certainly help with preventing ants from infesting your home, getting rid of ants always requires the help of the best exterminator for ants. So how do you know when to call an ant exterminator? When the safety of your home, office, or school is at risk due to an ant infestation, there are three specific circumstances means it’s time to call an ant exterminator.
The team at New Mexico Pest Control is committed to keeping our customers ant-free. No ant problem is too small or large for us to resolve.
Why You Need an Ant Exterminator
There are three reasons why you should always call an ant exterminator for your ant problem:
- Ants can sting: A licensed exterminator should always be contacted when any kind of stinging insect is involved. Fire ants are intense and aggressive species that tend to sting when threatened, especially if their colony is disturbed. Fire ant infestations can be found on sidewalks or on walkways, and can even spread throughout landscaped yards. If their nest is disturbed, fire ants will sting and inject venom into their attacker.
- Ants can cause structural damage: Carpenter ants live in wood and will hollow out any wooden structure in order to expand their nests. While they prefer damp wood, this species will tunnel through almost any kind of wood after a nest is established. Carpenter ants can destroy any property in a matter of months as they feast on support structures, causing thousands of dollars of damage.
- Ant problems can be never-ending: If you’ve undergone ant infestations several times, especially involving fire or carpenter ants, you need to call an exterminator. Any home remedies you try can sometimes drive them further within the walls or under the foundation of your home.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
What Does an Exterminator do for Ants?
You may be wondering what an ant exterminator can do for ant problems that can’t be accomplished with DIY ant control. Using the industry’s best ant treatments, we can’t keep ants away for good. Our best exterminators for ants will implement the following steps:
- A thorough property inspection of your home or business
- Identification of the ant species and the conditions that may be attracting them
- Development of an ant extermination plan to tackle your unique infestation
- Sealing of entry points or exclusion efforts to control sources of the infestation
- Implementation of ant control products, baits, or traps
- If necessary, further visits from our ant exterminators to surpass your expectations to keep your property ant-free
Santa Fe’s Best Exterminators for Ants
Getting rid of ants can be a complex and difficult process, especially if there’s an active infestation. Without the proper training and tools, eliminating these pests can feel impossible and can quickly grow out of hand when not treated promptly and correctly.
When an ant infestation shows no signs of improving, calling a licensed ant exterminator is the best way to treat the problem and prevent it from happening in the future. At New Mexico Pest Control, we pride ourselves on our record of experience and knowledgeable staff. Give us a call today and trust us to do the tough job of ridding ants for good!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal