How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Serving Santa Fe | Taos | Albuquerque | Las Cruces
Most people dread experiencing a cockroach sighting, and for good reason. Seeing just one cockroach typically means there are quite a few more in your property, and the thought of that can send shivers down any homeowner’s spine. This pest can pose a serious health risk to your family, as they are known to carry a number of diseases and can contaminate anything they come into contact with. Furthermore, cockroaches are notoriously hard to get rid of and can survive under even the harshest conditions, which is why it’s essential to enlist the help of a professional when you can. New Mexico Pest Control are your local experts in cockroach elimination and can guarantee a total extermination.
Knowing the Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
- Simply a single sighting is a strong indication of an infestation. Check out other areas in your home that a cockroach might frequent.
- If you see adult and young cockroaches alike on your property, you have an infestation.
- Cockroaches like places that are dark, wet, and secluded. Some of these areas include the bathroom, under the sink in the kitchen, or inside the walls.
- They also favor laundry areas and can also be found breeding in any basements or crawl-spaces in your home.
- Cockroaches will consume anything organic available to them, taking advantage of every nook and cranny in your property!
It’s important to start treatment for cockroaches as soon as you see them. Cockroaches only need a few weeks to rapidly grow in size and number, making it more difficult to eliminate them with each passing day.
Ready to Schedule Your Cockroach Exterminator Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back
Treating Cockroach Infestations Yourself
While it is recommended you hire an exterminator to help you eliminate a cockroach infestation, there are a few DIY tips you can attempt in trying to limit the population. By trying to eliminate the source that’s attracting them in the first place, you may be able to see results.
- Seek out dark and undisturbed areas and light them up or sweep the area daily.
- Fix any areas with heavy moisture, including leaky pipes or standing water.
- Remove food sources. They are not picky pests and will consume a variety of things, including cardboard, soap, fat, grease, crumbs, and garbage. If you remove their food source, this should greatly reduce their population.
- While traps can occasionally work for smaller populations, over-the-counter sprays aren’t generally recommended. These sprays typically just force the roaches to move from one area of a building to another.
- After taking these initial steps, you may have been able to lower their population. In order to get rid of them completely, you will need to call a professional.
Why You Should Enlist a Professional Cockroach Exterminator
Cockroaches are some of the peskiest, most durable insects on earth, and are notoriously difficult to eradicate. Even if you’ve attempted and had success with some of the DIY methods discussed above, it is likely you will still experience roach sightings. In order to fully exterminate cockroaches, you need to call a professional. At New Mexico Pest Control, we understand how distressing a cockroach infestation is and will take every possible step to eliminate the pests from ever scuttering around your home again. Call us today for a free quote!Back to Cockroach Exterminators – Removal – Control