What is Rodent Exclusion?
Serving Albuquerque and Taos
Catching sight of a rodent inside is never fun and it is important to address the situation immediately. Rodents often carry a list of diseases and fleas that can create serious health hazards. Not to mention the extensive damage mice can cause to your walls, insulation, furniture, and electrical wires, which can lead to becoming dangerous fire hazards. While there are a variety of methods designed to get rid of rodents, rodent exclusion is made up of safe and cost-effective ways to keep them from infesting in the first place. The pest control technicians at New Mexico Pest Control are experts at incorporating rodent exclusion techniques and in keeping mice and rats from ever making themselves at home in your house.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
Rodent Exclusion Techniques
Rodent exclusion services consist of trapping the mice or rats in a way that keeps everyone safe. This is also the more humane route, as it ensures that the rodents are kept in or safely released back into the wild. There are a number of popular exclusion methods that have proven to be effective:
- One of the most popular ways to keep rodents at bay is to use wire mesh to protect landscaping, including plants and trees where mice and rats frequent. This wire mesh can also be used to stuff openings where pipes and wires enter the foundation, such as around outdoor faucets, gas meters, clothing dryer vents, and more.
- Another exclusion material is hardware cloth applied over attic, roof, and crawl space vents.
- Metal flashing may also be used to seal openings around the gutters.
- No matter the material used to seal up openings in the property, technicians will thoroughly seek out any suspected access points and seal them as part of their rodent exclusion service.
- Rodent exclusion services include trapping these animals in a way that keeps everyone safe, and ensuring that protected animals are safely released back into the wild.
- Popular exclusion methods also include using anti-rodent wire mesh to protect landscaping including plants and trees.
When to Hire Rodent Exclusion Experts
Bottom line, rodents are agile and clever, and can squeeze through even the smallest entry point into a structure. Even if you are able to locate one or two access points yourself and effectively seal them, it is essential to call an expert in rodent exclusion who will know the proper techniques in keeping mice and rats out of your home for good. At New Mexico Pest Control, we know how stressful it is to discover rodents in your property and are committed to providing the best techniques available in pest control management for your comfort and health. Call us today for a free quote on our rodent exclusion services!Back to Rat & Mice Exterminators – Control – Removal