When to Call a Spider Exterminator
Serving Santa Fe | Deming | Albuquerque | Las Cruces
Because house spiders are generally a common occurrence, it’s sometimes hard to know when spider-sightings turn into a situation that warrants an exterminator. For many people, the sight of a spider can drive them into a panic. Others have no qualms about eliminating the problem themselves or even catching and releasing the spider outside. There are a few cases when extermination might be necessary, in which case you should consult a professional spider exterminator. What may begin as just a few spiders here and there can quickly progress into something straight out of a nightmare—a full-blown spider infestation.
4 Signs You Need a Professional Spider Exterminator
- An increasing or excess amount of webs. If you’ve noticed a rise in the number of spider webs or cobwebs around the house, you could have a population of spiders living right under your nose.
- The webs have egg sacs. After they get comfortable inside your house, spiders will begin to nest and multiply rapidly, especially during their mating season in the fall. Egg sacs can carry hundreds of eggs and pose a serious threat to spider infestation.
- Growing population of spiders. If eggs hatch before you eliminate the egg sac, you will notice your home is suddenly harboring hundreds of spiders of various sizes.
- The spiders are poisonous. If you’ve identified the spiders in your home as being dangerous or poisonous, it’s best to have a professional take care of the situation for you.
Need an Estimate? Request a Callback
Spider Control for Your Property
When you call the spider exterminators at New Mexico Pest Control, a trained technician will work with you to develop a pest control plan best suited to your individual needs. The following list describes just some of the steps your exterminator will take in eliminating the spiders in your property:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of the entire property.
- Identify the type of spider(s) infesting the home.
- Identify any other pest problems that might supply a food source for the spiders.
- Directly treat spider nests around your foundation.
- Physically remove webs from inside and outside your property.
- Seal small common entry points if they are contributing to the infestation.
- Carefully apply discreet sealing materials in unfinished basements, voids, and other spider-frequented areas when evidence is noted.
- Place sticky traps on the interior to monitor activity.
- Create a full report describing the treatment and how you can protect your property from further infestations.
Professional Spider Control
Let’s face it: No one likes dealing with spiders, especially when the problem has become serious. By contacting a pest management specialist like New Mexico Pest Control, you can trust that the spiders will be identified, controlled, eliminated, and prevented. If you believe that you have potentially dangerous spiders infesting your business or home, or just simply don’t like having them around, give us a call today for a free quote!Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal