What You Can Do to Protect Your Home From Termites
Serving Santa Fe | Taos | Albuquerque New Mexico
Eliminate Moisture Problems
- Repair leaking faucets, water pipes, and A/C units
- Divert water from foundation
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean
- Remove excessive plant cover and wood mulch
- Get rid of standing water on roof
- Keep all vents clear and open
- Seal entry points around water and utility lines or pipes
Remove Termite Food Sources
- Keep firewood, lumber or paper away from foundation or crawl space
- Get rid of stumps and debris near house
- Place screens on outside events
- Check decks and wooden fences for damage
- Wood on your home shouldn’t contact the soil
Ready to Schedule Your Termite Exterminator Estimate?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back
Termite Warning Signs & Identification
Some indications you may have a termite infestation
- A temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around your home.
- Any cracked or bubbling paint or frass (termite droppings).
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Mud tubes on exterior walls, wooden beams or in crawl spaces.
- Discarded wings from swarmers.