Buying a Home with Termite Damage in Santa Fe NM
It’s completely understandable why you may be nervous about moving into a home with a history of termites, but it’s completely safe so long as proper precautions are taken.
It’s common knowledge buying a home is likely the biggest investment you’ll make in your lifetime, which is why it makes sense to be wary of pursuing a home with a history of termites. Unless there is an active infestation, it is generally considered to be safe and completely normal to buy a home with termite damage.
Buying a Home With Termite Damage
To ease your worries about investing in a home that has had termites, there are a number of things to do to ensure you are making the right decision:
- Get a WDI report that will uncover any evidence of past, present, or possible future infestations.
- If damage is found, you may be able to negotiate costs with the seller to cover treatment and repair expenses.
- Ask the seller for any infestation history the home may have just in case the WDI report missed something.
- If a home has significant structural damage or active termites, it’s up to the buyer to decide whether or not they want to still purchase the home.
- So long as any past infestation has been properly taken care of, you should not let a history of termites stop you from buying your dream home.
Ready to Schedule Your Termite Inspection?
Click below to leave your information and we will call you back!
Selling a Home With Past Termites
If you’re looking to sell your house, termite damage can unfortunately reduce the value of your home. But that certainly doesn’t mean you won’t be able to sell your home whatsoever. Whether you had a past infestation that was treated and caused minimal damage or have active termites in the home, it’s important to be upfront about termite infestations when selling the home. Additionally, it’s smart to be prepared to pay for inspections, treatments, and even repairs if necessary.
Living in a Home That Has Old Termite Activity
It’s important to realize that past termite history and treatment does not make it more or less likely that you will eventually get another termite infestation. The best way to avoid having to deal with termites is to implement regular inspections, treatments, and prevention methods into your home maintenance routine. Partnering with a professional pest control company is your best defense against termites!